Getting Help for Public Benefit Issues
Neighborhood Legal Services (NLS) is available to help clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you need help, please call our offices at (716) 847-0650 for Erie and Niagara County residents or (585) 343-5450 for Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming County residents. Our reception staff will answer your calls and connect you with an NLS advocate. Please do not come to our office in person until further notice. Thank you for your patience.
WYOMING, GENESEE AND ORLEANS COUNTIES
Individuals and families wishing to apply for legal assistance and/or representation should contact our Batavia Office by telephone at 585-343-5450 or 800-724-7544. You can also apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, however, we are not accepting walk-ins at this time.
If you are applying for to help, please be aware of the following:
- We take applications for assistance Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- You may request an application by phone, mail or email.
- Except for children and persons with impaired ability to communicate, applications should be made by the person him or herself and not by another party.
- You should gather any relevant legal papers you have before you contact us.
- NLS has a “language line” available for applicants whose preferred language is not English.
- Because of our limited resources, submitting an application DOES NOT mean we can accept your case. Denial of an application for representation should not be interpreted as an opinion by NLS – legal or otherwise – about the merits of your case. Neither should it be interpreted as providing any legal advice.
45 Main Street
Batavia, NY 14020
Serving Orleans, Genesee and Wyoming Counties
237 Main Street, Ste. 400
Buffalo, NY 14203
Serving Erie County
NIAGARA FALLS OFFICE
225 Old Falls Street 3rd Floor
Niagara Falls, NY 14302
Serving Niagara County
NLS will not provide legal advice over the internet. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from State to State, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your jurisdiction. Finally, the information contained in this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your state.