Information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policy/Procedure Changes
Because of the of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic, courts, agencies and other governmental agencies have made many temporary changes to their policies and procedures. Neighborhood Legal Services has created the information letters below to keep you informed. Neighborhood Legal Services will update these informational letters regularly.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance (Cash Assistance)
- Social Security (SSDI, Retirement, Survivors, and SSI)
- Housing and Landlord/Tenant Issues
- Family Issues
- Fair Hearings
- COVID-19 Employment Leave/Public Benefits
- Unemployment/Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- COVID-19 Stimulus Payments
If you have any questions about any of these information letters, call Neighborhood Legal Services at 716-847-0650 to speak with an advocate.
If you would like more in-depth guidance or information concerning these subjects and more, visit the Western New York Law Center click here.
CITY OF BUFFALO WATER SHUT-OFF
City of Buffalo Water Customers, please note that if your water has been shut off for nonpayment, you can get it turned back on WITHOUT A PAYMENT AT THIS TIME.
- Please call Buffalo Water customer service number at (716) 847-1065
- Press 1 for an emergency related to water services
- Then press 1 to be connected to the Dispatch Department
- Then give name, address, and account #
If you have any problems getting your water restored under this emergency procedure, please call us at (716) 847-0650.
Thank You to our Funders and Affiliations:
45 Main Street
Batavia, NY 14020
Serving Orleans, Genesee and Wyoming Counties
237 Main Street, Ste. 400
Buffalo, NY 14203
Serving Erie County
NIAGARA FALLS OFFICE
225 Old Falls Street 3rd Floor
Niagara Falls, NY 14302
Serving Niagara County
NLS will not provide legal advice over the internet. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from State to State, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your jurisdiction. Finally, the information contained in this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your state.