HOUSING INFORMATION LETTERS
More people ask for our help than we can serve. We have created information sheets that you may find helpful. The information sheets cover areas where our clients frequently have questions. In some cases, the information sheets below provide suggestions on how you can help yourself. Are you experiencing any of the below issues?
- You are being evicted?
- You are behind on the rent?
- You have a dispute over a security deposit?
- You live in a motel or hotel and what to know your rights?
- Your landlord won’t make repairs?
- You’re moving into a new apartment, and are worried about lead?
- When would you want your apartment inspected?
- You want to move but don’t have a lease?
- You want to withhold rent due to bad conditions?
- You are having housing problems caused by domestic violence?
- You are experiencing gender-based discrimination?
- New 2019 Tenant Protections
- Do I Have To Move?
- Bono de eleccion de viviendas (Section 8 Contracts and Abatements)
- Cómo debo documentar el trabajo que hago para mi arrendador (Working for rent)
- Deducción de los pagos de renta por reparaciones de su apartamento (Repair Deduct)
- Interrupción del Agua (Water Shut off Buffalo)
- Preparación para su Garantia (WOH Hearing)
- Reglas de divulgacion del plomo (Lead)
- Reportar Inpeccion (Inspection Reports)
- Retención de Alquiler debido a malas condiciones (Withholding)
- Tuberias congelada (Cold weather repairs)
45 Main Street
Batavia, NY 14020
Serving Orleans, Genesee and Wyoming Counties
237 Main Street, Ste. 400
Buffalo, NY 14203
Serving Erie County
NIAGARA FALLS OFFICE
225 Old Falls Street 3rd Floor
Niagara Falls, NY 14302
Serving Niagara County
NLS will not provide legal advice over the internet. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from State to State, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your jurisdiction. Finally, the information contained in this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your state.