COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATES
Because of the of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic, courts, agencies and other governmental agencies have made many temporary changes to their policies and procedures. This informational post is part of a series put together by Neighborhood Legal Services to keep you informed of these changes. Neighborhood Legal Services will update these informational posts and links regularly.
If you have questions about any of the below, please contact Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc. If you live in Erie or Niagara county, call (716) 847-0650. If you live in Genesee, Wyoming or Orleans county, call (585) 343-5450. Neighborhood Legal Services (NLS) is not able to accept walk-in clients at this time. If you need help, please do not come to our office. Our reception staff will answer your calls and connect you with an NLS advocate who can help you with your legal problem.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance (Cash Assistance)
- Applying for Help at the Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Social Security (SSDI, Retirement, Survivors, and SSI)
- Housing and Landlord/Tenant Issues
- Family Issues
- Domestic Violence Assistance
- Fair Hearings
- COVID-19 Employment Leave/Public Benefits
- Unemployment/ Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- COVID-19 Stimulus Payments
- Debt Judgments During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Student Loans
- Health Insurance
- Stimulus Payments (Economic Impact Payments)
- Western New York Law Center (WNYLC) Resource Page
If you have any questions about any of these information letters, call Neighborhood Legal Services at 716-847-0650 to speak with an advocate.
45 Main Street
Batavia, NY 14020
Serving Orleans, Genesee and Wyoming Counties
237 Main Street, Ste. 400
Buffalo, NY 14203
Serving Erie County
NIAGARA FALLS OFFICE
225 Old Falls Street 3rd Floor
Niagara Falls, NY 14302
Serving Niagara County
NLS will not provide legal advice over the internet. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from State to State, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your jurisdiction. Finally, the information contained in this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your state.